GEORANGE is a non-profit organization whose main task is to expand the concept of "development" in the mining and minerals industry.
GEORANGE organization has today about 67 members from municipalities, organizations, Universities and private companies.
The organization aims to create conditions that inspire for the development of new and existing companies.
For the years 2012-2015, GEORANGE will focus on five areas.
1. To secure a recurring meeting place for mining, mineral and associated industries in the north of Sweden.
2. Finding and forming a working network of companies, academic and public participants.
3. To create constructive and efficient methodologies to be used in case of activities overlapping in time within the same land areas.
4. In cooperation with education- and research institutions, develop mining- and prospecting related environmental research in order to develop competitive companies within environmental techniques.
5. To increase public knowledge of Geology through investments into educational organizations.